• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Public Records Access

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dbrizzle

CALIFORNIA

I am an employee at a public high school, and am considering legal action against my district administration, particularly one individual, for libelous accusations and slander. I understand these cases are difficult to win, however...

Regarding the Public Information Act. I would like to request that the district provide me with all email records sent by/received from this individual that mention my name. As I understand it, they are required by law to do so. Can someone confirm this, and give me some direction? Thank you...

CdwJava

You can utilize the CPRA to try and request these emails. However, issues involving students or even personnel matters may be exempt from such a release. You might want to be prepared for legal action if your request is denied.

Before you step into a pile of hoo-hoo that you might not be able to extricate yourself from, you might want to speak with an attorney. You might also want to be sure you have articulable damages as a result of any "libel" or "slander" (and identify which of these actually occurred as libel and slander are different matters).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">