• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about a job

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BealEri1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan.

Would it be legal for someone to hire a paraplegic to fall out of their wheelchair? I'm talking about a man paying a person to come to work and fall out of his or her wheelchair a few times a day and receive a paycheck.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
And what benefit would the man receive in exchange for having the paraplegic fall out of his wheelchair a few times a day?

And yes, it makes a difference to the answer.

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan.

Would it be legal for someone to hire a paraplegic to fall out of their wheelchair? I'm talking about a man paying a person to come to work and fall out of his or her wheelchair a few times a day and receive a paycheck.
It is not inherently illegal.

I am curious as to the reason behind wanting to hire a paraplegic to "perform" in this manner, though. Like cbg said, the reason could potentially make a difference.

Here for information purposes is a link to a 2015 resource guide for employers (Recruiting, Hiring, Retaining, and Promoting People with Disabilities), with the laws covered in Section Four:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/docs/employing_people_with_disabilities_toolkit_february_3_2015_v4.pdf

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">