• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Racial comment by City Employee

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

brandon963

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ohio
My girlfriend recentally has gotten divorced and her ex-husband works as an employee for the City in which she lives. She had an explanation of benefits fpr her insurance that she needed to send in to be paid, and that service was rendered while she was still on his insurance. She sent him a message that she needes a copy of it and he showed up at her house while i was there, and her 13 yr old son went to the door, and when he did her ex handed him the EOB and a banana amd told him it was for the monkey. He also sent my girlfriend a text message saying to send the chimp outside to get the Eob. I am part Indian and have dark tan skin and i was very offended by his comments. I have complained to the city before about him driving by my house which is about 10 miles out of the city and taking pictures of my house and sending vulger text messages. I made the city aware of this issue but want to know if I even have a right to sue the city since their employee who was on the clock was the one making racial comments. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

swalsh411

When you get involved with a woman with a child from a previous relationship there is a very high risk of baby daddy drama.

Taking pictures of houses from a public street is not illegal. Why does this person even have your phone number?

I suggest you grow a pair.

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ohio
My girlfriend recentally has gotten divorced and her ex-husband works as an employee for the City in which she lives. She had an explanation of benefits fpr her insurance that she needed to send in to be paid, and that service was rendered while she was still on his insurance. She sent him a message that she needes a copy of it and he showed up at her house while i was there, and her 13 yr old son went to the door, and when he did her ex handed him the EOB and a banana amd told him it was for the monkey. He also sent my girlfriend a text message saying to send the chimp outside to get the Eob. I am part Indian and have dark tan skin and i was very offended by his comments. I have complained to the city before about him driving by my house which is about 10 miles out of the city and taking pictures of my house and sending vulger text messages. I made the city aware of this issue but want to know if I even have a right to sue the city since their employee who was on the clock was the one making racial comments. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

if you feel threatened by this man, file a police report. Leave his employer out of it.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Whether he was on or off the clock is irrelevant. He was conducting personal business, not City business. Therefore a lawsuit against the City would fail.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">