• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

reporting a bad cop

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

michaelt62

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? newyork
i am having a problem with a Sergent in the sheriffs part.any info on how to contact an out side helper or FBI to help. reporting him is a joke around here, no one to help ,he,s on a power trip..any help or numbers thanks

CdwJava

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? newyork
i am having a problem with a Sergent in the sheriffs part.any info on how to contact an out side helper or FBI to help. reporting him is a joke around here, no one to help ,he,s on a power trip..any help or numbers thanks
The FBI is not going to deal with it absent some very serious criminal allegations that are not or cannot be handled at the local level.

If you are a victim of some sort of unlawful act, you can consult an attorney to seek to sue the officer. You can also speak to someone at the DA's office or the state Attorney General's and see if they can help you. Otherwise, you may be limited to the internal process at the Sheriff's Office.

michaelt62

The FBI is not going to deal with it absent some very serious criminal allegations that are not or cannot be handled at the local level.

If you are a victim of some sort of unlawful act, you can consult an attorney to seek to sue the officer. You can also speak to someone at the DA's office or the state Attorney General's and see if they can help you. Otherwise, you may be limited to the internal process at the Sheriff's Office.
thank yous i,ll try the DA's office

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">