• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Retaliated against for filing complaint/reporting crime

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jaxnitsua

TEXAS

I filed a complaint with my son's school regarding a contractor's behavior and smoking on school grounds. This happened after hours and there were no witnesses. The contractor never complained about me, nor filed a rebuttal to my statements. Three months later, it was reported to CPS as an act of aggression. The school never did anything to the contractor. Have my First Amendment Rights been violated? Have I been retaliated against for filing a complaint?

Antigone*

TEXAS

I filed a complaint with my son's school regarding a contractor's behavior and smoking on school grounds. This happened after hours and there were no witnesses. The contractor never complained about me, nor filed a rebuttal to my statements. Three months later, it was reported to CPS as an act of aggression. The school never did anything to the contractor. Have my First Amendment Rights been violated? Have I been retaliated against for filing a complaint?
What was reported to CPS and how do you know who reported you?

swalsh411

I don't even know where to start.

First of all, the contractor almost certainly would not know who reported them for allegedly smoking on school grounds. Secondly, it's highly unlikely they would hold a grudge for 3 months then report you to CPS in retaliation. Thirdly, you have no idea if they school did anything in response to your complaint. The school may have investigated and found your complaint to be without merit. Or the contractor may have denied it. Or they may have been warned not to let it happen again. Fourthly, you cannot possibly know who reported you to CPS.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">