• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sexual Assault Victim Arrested After Assault by Atlanta PD

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cry4help

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA

I was the victim of a brutal attack. I called the police to report the sexual assault and was also badly beaten. A neighbor had intervened when I escaped my home and taken me to his backyard. The Atlanta PD initially took me to jail for disorderly conduct for running around outside in a nightgown and no underwear also claiming I was hysterical (I was). The responding officers accused me of PMSing. I reported my assault to the 911 operator, as did my neighbor and to the Police Officers and also had visible injuries. I was taken to the hospital for injuries that included a detached retina and remained under arrest for four days while in the hospital recovering. It took four days for a sex crimes officer to be notified by the Atlanta PD after a tremendous amount of pressure from my family and the ER doctors. After being beaten and sodomized, I wasn’t allowed to see my family and was shackled at all times to the bed with a corrections officer present at all times for four days. I was sometimes shamed and cursed at by the CO but others were very kind. The perpetrator has now been charged and is being aggressively pursued, however I’m still so traumatized at how I was treated as a victim. I feel destroyed. Has this ever happened in Atlanta before? When the victim was arrested? The PD realized the mistake within a couple of hours however, they refused to wake up a judge on a weekend to have everything vacated (or whatever the procedure). I had to wait until Monday afternoon to see a judge and be released. The incident happened on a Friday.

How can these two officers be punished?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">