• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sexual Harassment Roomate/Coworker Homosexuality.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

poolcbp

Oklahoma
In a nutshell

Is a Law Suit possible is what i'm asking
2010. I was 19. gay male and freshman in college. I moved in with a friend as a roommate with similar goals. and over the course of 6 months i suffered Harassment and severe mental distress. i moved out caused me to fail out of school with extreme thoughts of suicide an depression. and it continued in the workplace. as he received a job at a local restaurant.

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Oklahoma
In a nutshell

2010. I was 19. gay male and freshman in college. I moved in with a friend as a roommate with similar goals. and over the course of 6 months i suffered Harassment and severe mental distress. i moved out caused me to fail out of school with extreme thoughts of suicide an depression. and it continued in the workplace. as he received a job at a local restaurant.
I'm sorry to hear that - may I suggest some therapy to help you?

Proserpina

Personal injury state of limitations is 2 years in OK.

More info here:

http://research.lawyers.com/Oklahoma/Oklahoma-Statutes-of-Limitations.html

(complete with statute numbers ;) )

quincy

Bills from 2010?

edit: I just saw Proserpina's post. She is very helpful. :)
I also just saw Zigner's post. He is very funny. :)

Zigner

Let's slow down - let the OP respond telling us (in detail) what he would like to sue for...

quincy

You did not want to provide more details, poolcbp?

Or was Proserpina's link what you were looking for?

poolcbp

I'm not looking for your sympathy. I'm sure this sounds ridiculous and maybe extremely late perhaps, but at the time it was kept to myself and i had to deal with it myself without any support. Medical bills and Education expenses

Zigner

I'm not looking for your sympathy. I'm sure this sounds ridiculous and maybe extremely late perhaps, but at the time it was kept to myself and i had to deal with it myself without any support. Medical bills and Education expenses
Why do you feel that your former roommate is responsible for your medical bills and educational expenses? Did you have some sort of contract with him?

Proserpina

I believe it would be virtually impossible to prove the cause of your anxiety and depression - at least as far as your room-mate goes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">