• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

? slander lawsuit/job loss

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alethann1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

I am not sure what kind of case this would be, but my employer called me into a meeting with the human resources today. Reason being I had a conversation with a contracted employee which involved their company discriminating on race. This employee then returned to her employer and said that I had made statements about her employer in regards to discrimination(which we both did). Her employer called my corporate office and cried slander now my employer is thinking about terminating me because the other company is threatening to sue them and me since I am employed by them and was on my lunch break having this conversation. I would just like to know if there is any way to defend myself(their employee informed me of many things which her employer has done that is discrimination).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">