• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Strip searched

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rapedbycop

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California cops had a search warrant for my home to find evidence of some one who said he lived here and was arrested leaving here. While here they stripped everyone, nobody has priors, no parole, no probation - was this strip search legal because it feels like rape

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California cops had a search warrant for my home to find evidence of some one who said he lived here and was arrested leaving here. While here they stripped everyone, nobody has priors, no parole, no probation - was this strip search legal because it feels like rape
Did you file a complaint? And this was NOT rape. Please do NOT state such a thing. Did you consent to the strip search?

LdiJ

There is a CA cop who posts on these forums who would be the best person to answer your question.

However I have never heard of any scenario where it was appropriate for someone to be strip searched in the field, and if the scope of the warrant didn't allow for that, the cops stepped over the line in my opinion...maybe way over the line.

did the warrant include your persons? then the search was OK. It not, the search may have been improper. Depends on what actually transpired. Go see an attny with your story.

CdwJava

Please describe what actually happened as part of this search.

What you refer to as a "strip search" may be no such thing.

BOR

Please describe what actually happened as part of this search.

What you refer to as a "strip search" may be no such thing.
Agree here. I surmise it may been a vigorous Terry frisk, as the federal constitution would never permit such "strip search" in a field search, barring any extreme exigency.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">