• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suing over a Facebook group

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Fulton223

What is the name of your state Michigan.

I help as a co-admin in a group. It is meant to be local, has a description and title saying so, and it is a closed group. We often remove or deny members based on this criteria.

The other admins let some slip through from time to time and have a pinned post stating only people in the cities we list, some exceptions on case by case basis along with the few rules.

Someone posted something against the rules. I sent a private message explaining and then pointing out our geographic interest. After I refused to listen to her wheedling she started saying she was suing me for discrimination and Internet bullying.

I'm flabbergasted. I don't think she has a snowball's chance but I wanted to be sure. Stranger things have happened.

Fulton223

I thought so, thank you. She kept saying she was going to call her sister the lawyer and capitalizing Accountability for Discrimination.
I'm willing to go to court if I end up served just to see how this shakes out.

Proserpina

I thought so, thank you. She kept saying she was going to call her sister the lawyer and capitalizing Accountability for Discrimination.
I'm willing to go to court if I end up served just to see how this shakes out.
LOL! seriously, she said that?!

Okay, that was my first belly laugh of the day!

Have you ever noticed that when someone doesn't get their way, they always - and without fail, because we've measured this - have an attorney family member who disagrees with us completely and neenerneenerneener. In this case, it would be an attorney family member who can't understand the difference between illegal and legal discrimination.

Most discrimination is actually legal, and being part of an Internet group is not a protected activity...

Silverplum

LOL! seriously, she said that?!

Okay, that was my first belly laugh of the day!

Have you ever noticed that when someone doesn't get their way, they always - and without fail, because we've measured this - have an attorney family member who disagrees with us completely and neenerneenerneener. In this case, it would be an attorney family member who can't understand the difference between illegal and legal discrimination.

Most discrimination is actually legal, and being part of an Internet group is not a protected activity...
I signed on just to verify that this is so true, it makes my hound-dawg blue.

:cool:;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">