• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Threats to sue police and State for TASERING "ex" unwarrantedly prejudice ruling

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

newztome

Threats to sue police and State for TASERING "ex" unwarrantedly prejudice ruling

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? iowa

newztome

Is it possible to transfer a case to a different location? The Iowa courts are prejudiced against me due to my ex husband threats to sue the police dept. and the State for tasering him in a convenience store. This incident shadowed my divorce case and all motions of contempt I had filed were dismissed in favor of my ex's fraudulent pleadings and resistances. He has and continues to feign homelessness to negate his court ordered obligations to his family and various other court fines.

Very complicated case...to lengthy to expound upon here. In short, I was denied due process in the district court, treated like a criminal by the judge at an Order to Show Cause hearing who gave me two options, sign the QDRO (protected by ERISA LAW, by the way), or go to jail! The final ruling of the divorce was inequitable and based on Respondent's fraudulent testimony that my former attorney (whom I filed a grievance against) refused to object to; leaving a record tainted with untruths. Much more to report... I have been plagued by another motion by Respondent asking the court to sanction me for not abiding by the judge's ruling which I have been appealing in the Iowa Supreme Court, pro se...but it was recently dismissed for lack of prosecution. I tried to write a proof brief, but it did not comply with appellate procedure; since I have no legal experience. They are more concerned with "form" rather than content. The hard evidence I have submitted has been completely ignored. It is quite obvious to all that have been following this case, that the undercurrent of the TASERING saga has prejudiced my case. Please help!

cyjeff

"It is quite obvious to all that have been following the case"...

Are any lawyers?

You need one.

A court will definitely penalize you for not filing your paperwork correctly.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">