• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unfair judge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bryan1

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?NM

Are you allowed to sue a judge or the judicial system if that judge denies you your rights, such as the right to an attoney, enters a plea for you that is not what you want and sentences you to jail?

seniorjudge

Q: Are you allowed to sue a judge or the judicial system if that judge denies you your rights, such as the right to an attoney, enters a plea for you that is not what you want and sentences you to jail?

A: No; this is called a collateral attack. You want to do a direct attack and appeal the sentence.

bryan1

BelizeBreeze said:
Now I know where your criminal drunk daughter got her training....

Lady, you're no prize :rolleyes:

Wow, Belize your a real nice person :rolleyes:
Thanks for all the useful info its been such a help :rolleyes:
for one I am not a lady, second I do not drink never have, third I guess I cannot describe the situation correctly because you just think that someone is a criminal for making a mistake and trying to correct it. I guess this situation is beyond what I can decribe here but this judge is doing things wrong http://www.abqjournal.com/north/380494north_news08-13-05.htm

BelizeBreeze

bryan1 said:
Wow, Belize your a real nice person :rolleyes:
Thanks for all the useful info its been such a help :rolleyes:
for one I am not a lady, second I do not drink never have, third I guess I cannot describe the situation correctly because you just think that someone is a criminal for making a mistake and trying to correct it. I guess this situation is beyond what I can decribe here but this judge is doing things wrong http://www.abqjournal.com/north/380494north_news08-13-05.htm

Your "innocent" child was given diversion in lieu of a criminal charge for DUI. She decided not to complete the court ordered diversion.
A court date was set for the hearing of the DUI.
She decided not to attend.
The judge was well within his rights to throw her sorry ass in jail for contempt. and here you are trying to make excuses for her.

The rotten apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

bryan1

BelizeBreeze said:
Your "innocent" child was given diversion in lieu of a criminal charge for DUI. She decided not to complete the court ordered diversion.
A court date was set for the hearing of the DUI.
She decided not to attend.
The judge was well within his rights to throw her sorry ass in jail for contempt. and here you are trying to make excuses for her.

The rotten apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

You are a complete waste of time, no one ever said she was "innocent". I thought this site was for legal advise not responses from a smartass!!!!!!! If a judge does something wrong is there any recourse? If someone is denied thier rights by a court is there any recourse?

BelizeBreeze

bryan1 said:
You are a complete waste of time, no one ever said she was "innocent".
So what the hell are you complaing about her being in jail for? you're lucky the judge didn't slap her ass with criminal contempt.
I thought this site was for legal advise not responses from a smartass!!!!!!!
And of course, I don't have a criminal daughter. and if you have a problem with the legal analysis I gave you, call your attorney on a Sunday.
If a judge does something wrong is there any recourse? If someone is denied thier rights by a court is there any recourse?
The JUDGE in your daughter's case DID NOTHING WRONG. Get that through your damn head. Your daughter is the criminal here. She disregarded a court order by not completing her diversion. She CHOSE not to show up when summonsed. SHE gets to pay the penalty for those transgressions. It's called paying your debt to society.
And yes there is recourse. You do her time for her so she never learns you don't ignore a court order.
Geeez, is it any wonder your criminal kid doesn't give a damn about a court order? :rolleyes:

seniorjudge

bryan1 said:
You are a complete waste of time, no one ever said she was "innocent". I thought this site was for legal advise not responses from a smartass!!!!!!! If a judge does something wrong is there any recourse? If someone is denied thier rights by a court is there any recourse?
Your question was answered in my first post.

Asking it again and again will not change the answer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">