• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Veteran with no rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billym1957

I live in Rhode Island their,s a veteran who lives in my neigborhood who keeps to himself suffers from PTSD He doesn,t socialize with the neighbors, the neigbors think he,s weird and mess with him they all get together and say they don,t want him here because he does not act like them.These people forget he has rights and they also forget people like him put their lives on the line so people in this neigborhood and country can have their rights and freedom.what course of action can I tell him to take.

Proserpina

I live in Rhode Island their,s a veteran who lives in my neigborhood who keeps to himself suffers from PTSD He doesn,t socialize with the neighbors, the neigbors think he,s weird and mess with him they all get together and say they don,t want him here because he does not act like them.These people forget he has rights and they also forget people like him put their lives on the line so people in this neigborhood and country can have their rights and freedom.what course of action can I tell him to take.

They can't force him to leave.

Was that your question?

(He also can't force them to interact with or be nice to him)

Hot Topic

Do you actually know this person or are you responding to what you've been told about him?

How do you know that the neighbors get together and say they don't want him there because he doesn't act like them? Why would they make a point of telling you that?

If he's a veteran, he can seek help from the VA. As you've already been told, the neighbors can't be forced to be kind and grateful.

Billym1957

veteran with no rights

I know him because he rents a room in my private home, and the neighbors I,m talking about gather at a neighbor who lives next to me. he.s not asking for graditude or asking them to like him he,s dosen,t care.All he,s asking for is for them to respect his rights along with everyone elses rights. He told me for a land that is so free we have so many slaves because they all follow each other like sheep.And he told me any person who compromise who he is or what he beleives in just to follow the crowd is nothing but a slave and coward. He just seen a lot as a special ops soldier

CdwJava

I know him because he rents a room in my private home, and the neighbors I,m talking about gather at a neighbor who lives next to me. he.s not asking for graditude or asking them to like him he,s dosen,t care.All he,s asking for is for them to respect his rights along with everyone elses rights. He told me for a land that is so free we have so many slaves because they all follow each other like sheep.And he told me any person who compromise who he is or what he beleives in just to follow the crowd is nothing but a slave and coward. He just seen a lot as a special ops soldier
Okay.

Regardless, he cannot force them to be nice to him. If the neighbors commit any crimes, then he can report these crimes to the police. if they don't like him - and the feeling is widespread - then it just might be HIS attitude that has brought it on.

In any event, I do not see a crime or tort here so he can either muddle on or move.

Hot Topic

Initially you said that he lives in your neighborhood. Now you say he rents a room in your home.

How is it you know what's being said about him at the home of the neighbor who lives next to you? Are we supposed to believe that they leave that home to report to you everything that they think is wrong with him?

I suspect that the individual you're talking about is YOU.

Billym1957

veteran with no rights

First of all your getting way off course I wrote on this post just to get some advice legal or otherwise not to be psychoanalysis you read to much into things,that,s the whole problem with some people here or anywhere they don,t have the facts they assume.First of all I,m not the guy and second of all in the summertime the little click of neigbors gather nextdoor and let him know what they think ,all he does is let them know they can say what they want as long as they violate his rights or tresspass and brake any laws I,m writing because I,m pissed off at some of the neigbors, he,s is so calm about it saying when people don,t know or understand someone they become afraid so they attack or talk bad about that person so they can sleep better at night

Proserpina

First of all your getting way off course I wrote on this post just to get some advice legal or otherwise not to be psychoanalysis you read to much into things,that,s the whole problem with some people here or anywhere they don,t have the facts they assume.First of all I,m not the guy and second of all in the summertime the little click of neigbors gather nextdoor and let him know what they think ,all he does is let them know they can say what they want as long as they violate his rights or tresspass and brake any laws I,m writing because I,m pissed off at some of the neigbors, he,s is so calm about it saying when people don,t know or understand someone they become afraid so they attack or talk bad about that person so they can sleep better at night

This isn't a legal question.

Billym1957

veteran with no rights

To the Cop Sergeant, thank you for your advice and input,but like I said before he doesn,t care or want them to like him that,s their right he has freinds family veterans who he care about that all he whats only a weak minded or insecure person wants every person to like them.An even if it,s widespread dosen,t always mean it,s his additude he keeps to himself and doesn,t follow the neigborhood crowd or click you know i know anybody with common sense knows that if you don,t follow the crowd, act like the crowd or even look like the crowd in some cases the crowd has a Issue,whether in the work place,school neighborhood you and i know people go along with what other neighbors say without knowing the facts. Remember in Columbus,s time most people believed the world was flat thought Columbus was weird or strange because he beleived the world was round.The point here is the truth dosen,t lye in numbers the truth is always the truth if the crowd got together to say two and two is six won,t make it six.

Proserpina

To the Cop Sergeant, thank you for your advice and input,but like I said before he doesn,t care or want them to like him that,s their right he has freinds family veterans who he care about that all he whats only a weak minded or insecure person wants every person to like them.An even if it,s widespread dosen,t always mean it,s his additude he keeps to himself and doesn,t follow the neigborhood crowd or click you know i know anybody with common sense knows that if you don,t follow the crowd, act like the crowd or even look like the crowd in some cases the crowd has a Issue,whether in the work place,school neighborhood you and i know people go along with what other neighbors say without knowing the facts. Remember in Columbus,s time most people believed the world was flat thought Columbus was weird or strange because he beleived the world was round.The point here is the truth dosen,t lye in numbers the truth is always the truth if the crowd got together to say two and two is six won,t make it six.

And this still isn't a legal question.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
If it doesn't bother him, why are you butting in?

CLJM

He is "calmer" than you are because he understands human nature--- he understands he has no control over other people in what they say, think or do, and only has control over his own reactions and responses.

If he didn't want to put himself in the position of listening to the neighbors, he wouldn't. It seems like he is handling himself very well. What rights do you think he does not have ?

Let him know we thank him for his service. No man stands taller than a Veteran !

Last edited:

CLJM

But it,s the truth without truth everything else is a delusion,when people don,t want to here the truth they hide behind other things whatever makes them feel better about themselves.
I think you may have a larger issue with your neighbors than your veteran friend has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">