• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What do you do when the police break the law?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

WhatWhenWhere

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

That is my only question but it is a deeply loaded one. How as a private citizen with no legal power stop the corruption and acts of those who are meant to maintain the law?

quincy

That is my only question but it is a deeply loaded one. How as a private citizen with no legal power stop the corruption and acts of those who are meant to maintain the law?
A private citizen can report police corruption or law-breaking law enforcement officers to the media.

Great question. Here is the best answer you can get (and I'm not being a smart a$$ either). Avoid any and all interaction with them unless it is absolutely necessary. Your fighting a losing battle.

Second. Buy a cell phone with a video camera, and use it.

Last edited:

quincy

Great question. Here is the best answer you can get (and I'm not being a smart a$$ either). Avoid any and all interaction with them unless it is absolutely necessary. Your fighting a losing battle.

Second. Buy a cell phone with a video camera, and use it.
If you want to avoid interaction with corrupt law enforcement officers, it is probably not a real smart idea to video tape them. ;)

By contacting the media, you can remain anonymous and the media do a good job of investigating and exposing public officials who are acting badly. Your local news organizations (television, newspapers, radio) wield a lot of power. They can be a private citizen's best weapon against corrupt officials.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">