• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What a mess! Please HELP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sanantoniofam

Texas: My wife was in the hospital for over a month and when not there, staying at a hotel or with friends, I was traveling for work, when I got a call from our friend letting us know that our petsitter had not been there for some time and apparently had opened a bag or two of food, left it on the floor and never came back. I rushed back home and got in the next day which was Sunday night. I collected my wife and our 2 daughters from the friends house, my wife has a serious lifethreatening chronic illness. She was doing poorly so I took her home and warned her things were going to be bad there. We walked in to one room completely covered in urine/feces, and the garage floor with urine/feces, our stuff h ad been rummaged through and things were everywhere we thought that was bad so I went and bought new floor and prepared to put it in that room the next day. i had started cleaining the other rooms and cleaned the bedroom where my wife would stay and our daughters would sleep with us that night unti things got finished. As I mentioned before, my wife is very very ill, I went to work, she was in the bed sitting up, she had left her phone at our friends house so she iddn't have communication. She called me at 3pm frantic that our oldest daughter had not come home from school, she called from the neighbors house, the neighbor said my wife was very ill and that she would go look for her, soon the whole neighborhood was looking for my daughter. My wife was hysterical an hour later when she didn't turn up, the school called the district police, then my wife had a seizure caused from stress which happens to her, and ems were called by a neighbor along with the city police. THe police officer went into our home to look for our daughter while my wife was uncouncious, he then came out and announced to everyone he was calling CPS. When my wife came to , she was still hysterical, woozy and after a seizure she has some issues with memory etc. She could see something was gonig on and they weren't searching for our daughter and she was very upset thinking they had found her in a bad way. She asked the officer what was going on and the ems told her she needed to stay home since her daughter was missing and then the officer walked one of the paramedics through the house when my wife asked why the officer acted as if he didn't hear her. At that point my daughter's friends mom pulled up with my daughter my wife was over hugging and crying and they said they had texted her but my wifes phone was at her friends house. Things should have calmed down but no one left then the police officer asked her who lived in the house and she said her and the girls and myself he then said how many animals do you have, we had one outdoor dog ours, 3 indoor dogs, ours 2 foster dogs we foster for the city pound that had been there about a month, and our 3 cats. she then went to tell them the house was a mess because we just got home and the petsitter did nothing and he said i called cps to take your kids. (my other daughter was inside at the nieghbors house but my wife coudln't tell them where she was or the name of the neighbor (Normal after her seizures) but she knew our daguther was there and the ems actually saw our neighbor take our youngest to her house. My wife then became upset and had another seizure. At this point the police officer called ems, and told my oldest daughter to come with him and that he was going to take her to a foster home with her sister and where the rest of the animals were in the house my daughter told him that we only had the animals that i had mentioned. He said ok. The ems came and infront of mydaughter he told the ems my wife had faked a seizure, when they got to her she was conscious again. My daughter then states they proceeded to make fun of her. My wife saw another officer pull up, he then went into the house, without acknowledging her, by this time i was only minutes away my wife told them not to go in until i got there, and he said, "no we have a right to go in there he needs to look around to" WHen they got my wife to the ambulance (same ems as before) they told her they would not take her to the hospital she normally goes to but to university instead, she asked them why and they said for psych services. She said she didn't want or need to go there and to take her to her hospital htey argued with her and one of the medics (the one that went into the house) that it was all (Bull****) in the ambulance and proceeded to chastize her all the way to the hosptial she requested, on her way there she asked the paramedic if he knew anything about the illness she has, he said "no but I know it's no fun" They then told the hospital to call Adult protective services, the hospital did not because they know my wife's condition. When I got there, my daughter came crying saying that the police had made fun of her mom, said she was faking being sick said they were taking her and her sister to a foster home and said that they were going to have all of her animals taken away. I went over and tried to explain to the officer what had occurred at the home, he then told me cps was called and we were waiting for them, in the meantime i called my parents to get the girls. When my parents went there the officer told them that he wouldn't allow anything in or out of the house, we were filthy, told my parents that they are glad that i wasn't his son and my wife wasn't thier inlaw, my mom and my wife have had a strained relationship so this really caused issues, he then went on to tell her not to bring the kids back until HE said so and that HE would be back to check. The next day, around lunch, a cps worker came, by this time i had the floor torn up and picked up the small stuff that was ramsacked but didn't have time to get it all done as our immeidate concern was the one room and the garage. She came saw the house, went through the WHOLE thing and closed the case but did offer services to help my wife with house hold stuff since she is so ill, which we readily accepted (we generally pay a lot for this but because of her illness and she is on chemo we qualify for free services or low cost) my wife came back that day traumatized from the ems and police treatment. We called a person we thought was a friend, to come get our dogs to hold until i got everything cleaned, this lady is a bulldog breeder and took our dogs and refused to give them back, yes i opened my mouth and told her what happened and she thought that gave her the right to take the dogs and keep them and now breed them. WHen we told her we were taking her to court (she has my wifes service dog) she went and got the police report and posted it online, we couldn't believe what we saw, the report states we had at least 20 cats and dogs in the house that there was urine/ feces all over (not just in one room and garage as was the case} that we had garbage bags full of garbage sitting around the house (not true we had put some clothes my kids' couldn't wear in garbage bags in front of the washing machine to launder so we could donate. even the case worker saw them and said the clothes looked/smelled clean already) they used my kids' names in the public report and stated my wife had a seizure nad has mental issues and taht the house was unlivable and that they were calling cps and the ems were calling aps. This is all over the internet now, my wife is devestated I am a school teacher , she is a medically retired city employee. We are getting harrassed by the woman who has our dogs' and she only took the bulldogs too, Animal control was never notified and we are an approved foster/rescue for the city they have inspected our home many times. Our house has since been thoroughly cleaned and is back to normal, the police officer never returned and all of this has caused a lot of issues. WHat can be done about the report, was it legal? Is there something we can do regarding the woman stealing our pets then posting this horrible report all over? Our neighbors were told my police the condition of the house, and when my wife's friend went and bought one of her dogs back from this "breeder" the neighbors ask "are you supposed to have a dog?" My daughter was so traumatized that she went back to her grandparents up north to finish the last two months of school because she couldn't sleep worrying that the police were coming and worrying about her dogs. Everyone who knows us has stated they never smelled anything on us ,the kids are always clean and healthy and well kept and no one has ever had a problem with us. THe petsitter has changed phone number, email and abandoned the aparment she was living, she left the apartment BEFORE we left but didn't know about it. We since have seen where she s done stuff to people similar to this in other states, my wife is missing a lot of jewelry but nothing hurts like the experience we had with this and the fact that our dogs are gone (over 10000 worht of dogs including a service dog for my wife and that our kids were put through this) my youngest is to young to understand but wants her dogs back too. We are clean people and it was all bad timing etc but they walked in our home without permission and made a judgement and wouldln't listen to anything else. My wife is now getting worse due to the stress and I'm worried this might kill her. She is scared to answer the door now as well and refuses to let me call the EMS even when I'm worried I can't get her to the hospital fast enough. What happens when she's home alone and gets that ill? What can we do?

ShyCat

Please edit your post to be more readable. It's a huge block of text that is very hard to read. Paragraphs would be very helpful.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Report the pet sitter to the police. Sue her in small claims court for the cost of the clean up and the cost of her services.

File a complaint against the police officers for their treatment of your wife and daughter. File a complaint against EMS for their treatment of your wife.

Sue the "friend" for return of the service animal and report HER actions to the police as theft.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Oh heck no. Add white space (you know, those funny blank lines between paragraphs. Keep paragraphs to between 3 and 8 sentences.).

Hot Topic

Why would you assume that anyone other than your immediate family would be interested in reading block upon block of text that sounds like a BAD soap opera?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">