• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

You might be a terrorist....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tranquility

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? federal

To see all the guides, go to:
FBI “Communities Against Terrorism” Suspicious Activity Reporting Flyers | Public Intelligence

But, one summary at:
How to avoid being tagged as a terrorist: Don't pay cash for coffee | ITworld

Has:
As part of its Communities Against Terrorism" program, the FBI distributes fliers aimed at 25 different industries "purportedly highlighting typical activity of a terrorist who might frequent a shopping mall, Internet café, tattoo shop, bulk fuel distributor or other typical hangout of the Jihadist underground.
With the clues of:
Using Google Maps to find your way around a strange city, to view photos of sports stadium or the cities themselves or installing software on your PC designed to protect your privacy online are all solid indications not that you're a terrorist, rather than a web-savvy traveler.

The latest revelation from the FBI files? Paying in cash for coffee.

Using cash for small purchases like a cup of coffee, gum and other items is a good indication that a person is trying to pass for normal without leaving the kind of paper trail created using a debit or credit card for small purchases.
I wonder if using false names on the internet is suspicious?

tranquility

That's the point...they're everywhere. Trying to fit in by acting like anyone else. Criminal masterminds.

Quick turn around! Nevermind...it was nothing.

(Anyone who works in a coffee shop is supposed to call if someone pays in cash? What is the FBI going to do, rush out and detain him for ID? Our government dollars at work.)

Last edited:

HomeGuru

That's the point...they're everywhere. Trying to fit in by acting like anyone else. Criminal masterminds.

Quick turn around! Nevermind...it was nothing.

(Anyone who works in a coffee shop is supposed to call if someone pays in cash? What is the FBI going to do, rush out and detain him for ID? Our government dollars at work.)
**A: I don't drink cofee so am I ok? Are tea drinkers marked also?

tranquility

I don't know, what do you have to hide? Comrade. I mean, Gamil.

So tell us your thoughts when you're drinking your "tea". Have you stopped thinking about the overthrow of America yet? Well, have you?

(Although, in reality, Americans drink coffee. Since you are not drinking a "normal" beverage, you would be suspiciously different, rather than the ordinarily normal person who fits in. [It's those who fit in who are the ones who apparently need special watching.])

Last edited:

swalsh411

This is as dumb as those who want a new law that "suspected" terrorists on the FBI watch list can't buy a gun.

tranquility

My goodness. It looks like the government is laying the groundwork for all of us.

FourthAmendment.com

WSJ.com: "Feds Argue Using a Fake Name Can Deprive You of Rights"

WSJ.com: Feds Argue Using a Fake Name Can Deprive You of Rights by Jennifer Valentino-DeVries:

Does using a fake name when you sign up for a cellphone plan mean the government can get information from your phone without a warrant?

That’s one argument the Department of Justice is making in an Arizona case – that using a false name is fraud and means you don’t have a reasonable expectation of privacy.

Such a stance might raise questions about the widespread practice of using pseudonyms to sign up for services online. But legal experts said it’s unlikely a court would take the argument that far.

The case, which the Journal first covered in an article last year, involves the use of a cellphone-tracking device called a stingray to find a mobile broadband card that the government says was being used to file fraudulent tax returns.

Update: Not the first time the government has argued it. I've seen and posted cases dealing with false names to rent cars and likely hotel rooms as depriving someone of an expectation of privacy. See Use of stolen ID to rent storage unit defeated expectation of privacy.

Proserpina

Well, looks like I'm about to be surrounded by helicopters.

Long-term green-card holder.

Drinks tea - NOT THE NATIONAL BEVERAGE!

Pays cash for small purchases.

Has used assumed name to book hotel in past.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

justalayman

My dad warned me of this sort of thing 30+ years ago (the government, not the terrorists). He saw our rights being taken away then. While it wasn't so blatant, it was happening. Now the gov does it and flaunts it.

There is a problem folks and while I won't deny there are terrorists out there, I'm starting to worry more about our government than I am the terrorists.

as Ben F said:

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety

I just realized that if not using a debit card to pay for a coffee or other small purchases is a reason to suspect the purchaser to be a terrorist, I guess that would mean there are hundreds of thousands, if not millions of terrorists running around our country. Gee, and all this time I called them impoverished and knew they didn't have enough money to have a bank account. Now that I know they might be terrorists, well, no more money for the panhandlers. They might be collecting money to build a nuke or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">