• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Always getting a bad wrap

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Randy924

What is the name of your state? CT

I am an insurance business in the state of CT. It hurts me to say that at times I feel bad for my clients. Recently, I have had a claim for an insured that is being sued for an appliance that he delivered to a builder (purchaser) 6 years ago. The builder installed the refrigerator & the home was sold in 2000. The new owners used the appliance for 4 years. In 2004 , the home was sold again. 2006 a claim occurred involving a alleged "improperly installed refridgerator" . The current home owners policy paid the new home owner 72K in damages. Now the insurance company (HO)is subrogating against the appliance store. The appliance store has had to report to his insurance company for defense. The problem is that his insurance rises every year because of false claims. Does the insured have any recourse against claims such as this. The cost of insurance is getting expensive & limits his ability to easily change companies. He is large, & has many of these claims a year. Your thoughts....What is the name of your state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">