• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Assesor inferring insurance fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

refasa

What is tHi,
A couple of weeks ago my small business was burgled. The police were called out and entered first - It was clear that there was massive forced entry and goods stolen.

I lodged a claim with my insurance company, the told me to list all goods on the policy and any that were not.

I did so and because ,most of my invoices and proof of ownership exist on one of the PC's that was stolen, I cannot produce proof of ownership.

Now the insurer is claiming i am been dishonest as "things don't add up"... They have not out-right accused me of Fraud but many inferences have been made to that effect. I have subsequently written a letter stating that i wish to retract those items i could not produce proof of ownership of, at the assesors urging.

They are now telling me the claim will:
A.) be paid in part for items were proof has been produced
b.)reject the claim entirely
c.)reject the claim and cancel my policy
d.) reject, cancel and proceed with criminal prosecution on fraud charges.

Am i guilty of insurance fraud? What can the insurer do? I feel like i was interrogated and asked questions to spin me around....

I understand that some of the items cannot fall under the policy due to lack of documentation but i have since removed these items - is that enough, the presumption of guilt for me to be found guilty? he name of your state (only U.S. law)?

OHRoadwarrior

Sorry, we were not there during all this interaction. Unless they feel they have a solid case for fraud, they will pay or deny the claim.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">