• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CAN THEY DO THIS?? Please Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

patchen777

What is the name of your state? Virginia

A company called Arch Group is contacting me via fax now to tell me that they are doing legal collections for a Zurich insurance policy for a business I had that closed 3 years ago. I have never received one phone call, letter or anything prior to this and they are not present on my credit report. Can they do this?? Do I have to pay them for a policy that was canceled even before the business closed it's doors? When I questioned her because it made such little sense to me, she just told me they would persue a judgment now and place it on my credit report unless I paid. Also, told me that since it was canceled (not showing on their records)... that I should just pay them and then go after my ins. agent for recourse. Something doesn't sound right!
Thanks! Jan

seniorjudge

patchen777 said:
What is the name of your state? Virginia

A company called Arch Group is contacting me via fax now to tell me that they are doing legal collections for a Zurich insurance policy for a business I had that closed 3 years ago. I have never received one phone call, letter or anything prior to this and they are not present on my credit report. Can they do this?? Do I have to pay them for a policy that was canceled even before the business closed it's doors? When I questioned her because it made such little sense to me, she just told me they would persue a judgment now and place it on my credit report unless I paid. Also, told me that since it was canceled (not showing on their records)... that I should just pay them and then go after my ins. agent for recourse. Something doesn't sound right!
Thanks! Jan
https://forum.freeadvice.com/search.php?searchid=954441

duplicate post

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">