• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Claim against home inspector insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

star2

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MA

I had a home inspection and found the inspector missed a lot of insect damage in attic after I bought the house. I called the inspection company and a supervisor came to look at it. He said he is sorry that the inspector didn't tell me the damage but said it is not a problem. I then had a structural engineer look at it. The structural engineer found some rafters and joists in attic do need repair. I tried to contact the inspection company several times but they always put me to a voice mail and never returned my call. So I filed a claim against the inspector's insurance. This made them call me. The inspection company asked me for two things: how I found out their insurance and who the structural engineer is. He said he wanted to find out who this clown (the structural engineer) is and he thinks the house has no problem because their supervisor (a licensed home inspector but not a structural engineer) looked at it. He was saying if I don't give him the information he will tell his insurance company to deny my claim. I faxed a document to ask the insurance if I have to provide the information to the inspector company but have not got a response yet. Do I have to give him the information? What should I be aware going forward?

jsmith416

If you're serious about trying to collect from them you will need an attorney. I guarantee you that they have ones who are experienced in defeating this sort of claim. Have no further contact until you have spoken to an attorney. You may unwittingly damage your case if you do what they are asking.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">