• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

commercial business turns blind eye towards uninsured drivers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zizzybalumba

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

The company I work for generates a good portion of their revenue via delivery. In order to work for this company you have to provide proof of insurance and sign a form stating you understand that it is your responsibility to check into whether your insurance covers you while delivering. It would seem to me that since they require proof of insurance, by law they're required to have insured drivers. Am I correct in this asumption? What are the rules regarding commercial insurance and the drivers rights? If I'm correct in my assumption, they are intentionally turning a blind eye on this matter and placing the burden on the drivers shoulders, knowing full well even a full time employee at this position could not afford commercial insurance on minimum wage like salary. I also would wage that this entire multi-billion dollar corporation lacks a single insured driver! Please enlighten me on our rights or where I could turn to find out such information.

Thank you

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">