• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dealing with Movers' Insurance Company

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

robbedinla

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? CA

I had the unfortunate experience of having cash and expensive jewelry stolen from my purse during a recent move. The jewelry was not in plain sight. After filing a police report for grand theft, I learned that one of the movers (the one who was seen in the house when the jewelry was stolen) has a criminal record for theft and has pawned expensive items numerous times in the past. I filed a claim with the moving company, and it was passed along to their insurance carrier. I've provided a detailed written professional appraisal for the jewelry, detailed photographs of the jewelry and a police report, but the insurance company is stalling. Do I have to provide anything else? Should I go ahead and hire an attorney to deal with the insurance company or is there a way to expedite matters myself? I've never had anything stolen before, so any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">