• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dwell under Construction, ML3 Coverage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

VinnieL

What is the name of your state? NJ, NJ, I am building new house in NJ and have my own insurance, just in case the builder is shady one, the declaration page has Dwell Under Construction – ML3 coverage, Had to file claim for collapsed wall and my attorney have filled complain against builder also, I did notified my insurance agent and the insurance adjuster did took my testimony in my attorney’s present, my agent repeatedly says that there’s no coverage and the collapsed wall would not be covered. I think that’s not true and would like to know how and where I can verify all the coverage’s for “dwell under Construction – ML3”. The insurance pamphlet does not specifically mention coverage for ML-3. Appericate all the help.

moburkes

What is the name of your state? NJ, NJ, I am building new house in NJ and have my own insurance, just in case the builder is shady one, the declaration page has Dwell Under Construction – ML3 coverage, Had to file claim for collapsed wall and my attorney have filled complain against builder also, I did notified my insurance agent and the insurance adjuster did took my testimony in my attorney’s present, my agent repeatedly says that there’s no coverage and the collapsed wall would not be covered. I think that’s not true and would like to know how and where I can verify all the coverage’s for “dwell under Construction – ML3”. The insurance pamphlet does not specifically mention coverage for ML-3. Appericate all the help.
Its not in the pamphlet. Its in the contract. However, this problem is covered by the BUILDER's insurance policy.

VinnieL

Dwell Under Construction, Coverage for ML3

State NJ: It will be covered under Builder’s insurance but since I have my own insurance e.g.; dwell under Construction I need to know what coverage’s do I have, my agent give me run around answers, and if it’s not covered under my policy as per my agent then why did insurance company had an adjuster look at the damage and took my deposition? I got contract but it’s not clear in their either.

moburkes

For most HO (home) policies, there is no coverage when the home is vacant for more than 30 days. However, this leaves a gap in coverage when it is a new build, since it will most likely be vacant for more than 30 days. The coverage that you purchased extends your same coverages to this vacant structure. For example, if your house was broken into after it had been empty for 45 days, and personal property was stolen, there is no coverage. However, with this type of policy, as long as the "under construction" dwelling was fully enclosed, then there IS coverage for the things that were stolen. But, when a retaining wall collapses, that is something that is due to bad construction by the builder, which is not something that is covered by your regular policy, unless, for example, it collapsed after it was struck by lightning, with lightning being covered by your regular policy. The only way for the insurance company to verify if the claim is valied is to look for themselves.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">