• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employee turning on me!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

perseus1206

What is the name of your state?PA

I currenlty own a small Mom & Pop Pizza store and deliver every night. Last night, my main employee (who has been with me for over 15 yrs) was sick and I called in a person who lived in the area and has been begging me to give him some nights to deliver for me. So I called him up and he ended up deliverying for me that night. Within 1hr he was hit by a Public Transportation Vehicle and his Father got involved stating that he was working for me that night. The insurance co. called e today and asked me for my workers comp number??? I told him that he voluntered to deliver for me that night and I gave him a few hours to deliver for me because my main person was out sick. Are they (insurance co.) going to try and sue me for not putting him on the books and what actions can I take before this thing escalets. Thank you in advance.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
He was injured in your service; what did you expect he was going to do? Did you really think he wasn't going to say why he was out that night?

I very much doubt that the insurance company will sue you for not putting him on the policy under the circumstances.

However, they may refuse to pay, in which case you will be responsible for his medical billls yourself.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">