• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fence place thru drainage line and celler floods

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

amber644

What is the name of your state?
I'm in the state of Pennsylvania. Recently we bought a home that is under 2 years old. About a week after moving in we had a fence installed. About a week ago we had some really heavy rain and our celler flooded. After having the builder come and look at everything it had been determined that the fence company had put one of the fence posts through the drainage lines that came from the house and ran to the sewer. The builder said that it is the responsiblity of the fence company (which I agree with). I now contacted the fence company for compansation. Am I correct in thinking that they should cover the cost for the new drainage and to replace the carpet in our celler? Thanks for any advice.
Amber

panzertanker

amber644 said:
What is the name of your state?
I'm in the state of Pennsylvania. Recently we bought a home that is under 2 years old. About a week after moving in we had a fence installed. About a week ago we had some really heavy rain and our celler flooded. After having the builder come and look at everything it had been determined that the fence company had put one of the fence posts through the drainage lines that came from the house and ran to the sewer. The builder said that it is the responsiblity of the fence company (which I agree with). I now contacted the fence company for compansation. Am I correct in thinking that they should cover the cost for the new drainage and to replace the carpet in our celler? Thanks for any advice.
Amber
You are correct in thinking that, if the fence builder was at fault.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">