• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fraud Or Conspirocy ???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Speed Racer

Last year we encountered a flood at my business address, I called my insurance agent and was put off for two months. At the time of the flood I had not received my policy from him. Five months into the years coverage he sends me this policy that has my home as my business address, basically excluding all coverage at my tow yard. I encountered significant damage. I never even received a phone call from an adjuster!!!!!!!! How long should of it taken for me to have received my policy?I live in Sacramento,California. What recourses do I have. Please advice me of my rights and his duties.

Thank You
Speed Racer

S

seniorjudge

Do you have receipts for where you paid the insurance?

Did you get a policy when you bought insurance?

Speed Racer

Fraud or Conspirocy

NO I DID NOT. My policy started in December and I did not receieve a copy of it till April or May. I am certain I can provide receipts. He's just sending a feeble letter to renew, a month late. :mad:
seniorjudge said:
Do you have receipts for where you paid the insurance?

Did you get a policy when you bought insurance?

S

seniorjudge

Did you give your insurance agent a check for flood insurance on your business?

If so, do you have a copy of that check?

When did you give it to him?

When was the flood?

Speed Racer

Fraud or Conspirocy???

I thought my business had a million dollar coverage for any loss. The policy began in December 2003, (a renewal ) and the flood was at the end of Feb. The policy had been in effect for two months when this happened. At the least there should have been garage keepers to cover the damage to the vehicles stored in my possession. I did not receive a copy of my policy till MAY, three months after the flood. They should have sent a adjuster out right away. The flood was caused by negligence of either the county, or developer, a refrigerator block the drainage in our town of Rio Linda. (Sacramento Calif) .My payments were current on policy! It stinks Judge. seniorjudge]Did you give your insurance agent a check for flood insurance on your business?

If so, do you have a copy of that check?

When did you give it to him?

When was the flood?[/QUOTE]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">