• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A guest fell and injured himself on my property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ppl

What is the name of your state?Minnesota: We own a resort. It was about 2:30 am on a raining cold night. One of the guests was out and about on the property, fell, was found 1 1/2 hours later, cold and had simptoms of hypothermia and possible shock. We ended up calling 911. Witnesses say had been drinking since 11 am that day. The hospital will not release any medical info about the case, particularily a blood alcohol count. What I know is he received 4 stitches on his forehead, had a ct scan and was released with no other injuries. The injured's homeowners insurance agent called and wants me to submit the claim to my insurance company because the injured has a hig deductable and does not what to have to pay it. Would my inusrance be liable?

Please advise.

Thank you,

Cathy Erickson

You Are Guilty

ppl said:
What is the name of your state?Minnesota: We own a resort. It was about 2:30 am on a raining cold night. One of the guests was out and about on the property, fell, was found 1 1/2 hours later, cold and had simptoms of hypothermia and possible shock. We ended up calling 911. Witnesses say had been drinking since 11 am that day. The hospital will not release any medical info about the case, particularily a blood alcohol count. What I know is he received 4 stitches on his forehead, had a ct scan and was released with no other injuries. The injured's homeowners insurance agent called and wants me to submit the claim to my insurance company because the injured has a hig deductable and does not what to have to pay it. Would my inusrance be liable?

Please advise.

Thank you,

Cathy Erickson
It depends entirely on how, why and where he fell. Without that information, there's no way to know the answer to your question.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">