• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hair salon liability

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bad haircut

What is the name of your state? Illinois - do consumers have any rights when a hair salon really messes up on a haircut? Would their professional liability cover something like this? They are not being very cooperative with me and I paid a lot of money for this haircut. Now I'm embarassed to leave my house!

HomeGuru

bad haircut said:
What is the name of your state? Illinois - do consumers have any rights when a hair salon really messes up on a haircut? Would their professional liability cover something like this? They are not being very cooperative with me and I paid a lot of money for this haircut. Now I'm embarassed to leave my house!

**A: describe your haircut. And have you considered the bald look.

JETX

bad haircut said:
do consumers have any rights when a hair salon really messes up on a haircut?
Yes. They have the exact same rights as any other citizen.

Would their professional liability cover something like this?
Only if the damages were CLEARLY an issue of negligence or malice.

As you can imagine, haircuts are very subjective. What is a 'bad cut' to one, may be a fashion statement to another. Unless you can prove that the bad cut was in fact their fault, you would have a very hard time trying to recover.

So, EXACTLY what damages have you incurred.... and how much has this cost you (in REAL money)??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">