• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hurricane

What is the name of your state? Idaho

Hello I was just hired by the city I live in as a "contract building inspector" I was informed today that I need to get liablity insurance and work comp. on my self. The liability is not a problem however it is my understanding that you do not need work comp for your self. Please help me with this. Thanks Bob

Sharlene79

Workers Comp Coverage

If you are a sole proprietor you are not required to have workers compensation. Many companies have now taken the position that they require sub-contractors to carry this coverage to take the liability away from their company in the event of a loss. One option you have to reduce the cost of this coverage is to insure yourself on an "if any" basis which would cover you in the event you hired an employee on but would not cover you individually or include your wages in the premium calculation. This would evidence coverage to your client.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">