• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How long can an insurer wait to bill

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

2kids2cats

What is the name of your state? CA

We were just billed in the past 6 months for endorsements to a policy that was terminated 2 years ago. We had requested the endorsements, but never received confirmation. The insurance company is going through bankruptcy, I believe, and guess they are looking for any available cash. Are we liable for these additional billings? :mad:

FirstChance

sounds like...

they are scraping for money to me too. if the policy is canceled personally I would just forgetaboutit. technically though if you did request the changes, and they made the changes you are liable for the costs. are they going to be able to, and take the time and money to, sue you? i highly doubt it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">