+ Reply to Thread
    rightaction Guest

how to obtain event insurance

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? California

I am organizing a fundraising event and am being asked by the Oakland Office of Park and Recreation to submit EVENT INSURANCE for this non-profit outdoor gathering.

We are currently fiscally sponsored and do not carry insurance. How does one best proceed given this situation and what are our options?

Any advice regarding this matter would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
    nonboatr is offline Junior Member

insurance

In VA, I was a treasurer of a nonprofit organization that has two to four parties a year at a member's house. One year a woman fell and severly broke her leg. Her medical insurance came back to the homeowner's policy who wanted to get at the nonprofit. Needless to say we didn't have insurance for our parties, so I promptly called an independant insurance agent for any future gatherings. They set us up with a policy to cover our parties for liability coverage. It is 250 to 300 a year, I believe. I don't know if this is what you were looking for.
    rightaction Guest

following up

Thanks for responding.

Would you happen to have the contact info of the insurance company. i would be interested in following up and seeing what they may have to offer.

Thanks again nonboatr!
    RuyLopez Guest

Question Event insurance for non-profit group

We have started a non-profit group in Maryland that puts on a 4-hour swing dance each month. We have 50~70 attendees at each dance. We need to get insurance.

How much should we expect to be charged for event insurance?
    Do non-profit groups get any discount on insurance?
    Is it cheaper to get insurance on an annual basis in our case?
    What are the names of reputable companies that I can contact to get event insurance in Maryland?

Thanks for any direction anyone can give us!

Roy
    Greater Baltimore Swing Dance Committee
    MonkeyKingdom Guest

Event Insurance for a FUNDRAISER

We're also in CALIFORNIA ...

And are trying to set up a one-night fundraiser event for our small production company as a means to raise funding for our feature film, which is going into production in November.

We found a space to host us, but they require event insurance...A portion of our proceeds is going directly to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation but since we hope to make some money on the event....that would make us a "not for profit" group, does that mean we just need to ante up the $700 that have been quoted us for the evening?

We have secured a beer sponsor and some food sponsors and basically don't want to have any problems, but also don't have a lot of money to throw down for this one night event.

We have the date set at October 9th, which is rapidly approaching, and we are running out of options...

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance -
    Tara Platt & Yuri Lowenthal
    Monkey Kingdom Productions
    [url]http://www.MonkeyKingdomProductions.com[/url]
    323-655-4641