• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance for a Limited Lib. Company?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

djjswenson

State of California.

What type of Insurance is required/suggested for a Limited Lib. Company.

The company will be a Residential Care Facility for the Elderly with a capacity of 6 beds.

Thank you,

D. Swenson

P. S. Any good sites for "Industry Average" quotes?

djjswenson said:
State of California.

What type of Insurance is required/suggested for a Limited Lib. Company.

The company will be a Residential Care Facility for the Elderly with a capacity of 6 beds.

Thank you,

D. Swenson

P. S. Any good sites for "Industry Average" quotes?
Your going to need general liability, professional liability, property insurance, work comp for your employees, etc., etc.

It's difficult to insure these types of facilities. You'd be in the surplus lines market. I have no idea what your premium would be, but it would be steep.

seniorjudge

InsuranceLadyAZ said:
Your going to need general liability, professional liability, property insurance, work comp for your employees, etc., etc.

It's difficult to insure these types of facilities. You'd be in the surplus lines market. I have no idea what your premium would be, but it would be steep.
Steep and worth every dime. One good lawsuit could wipe you out.

kaym

I saw a similar question on another forum and it was suggested that the property be held in a trust and then put into the LLC (along with insurance for everything)

Does anyone know the purpose of the trust? Is it just another shield between the owner and the possible lawsuit?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">