• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance for old rental properties with multiple units

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DPLL

West Virginia

I have trouble finding insurance for an old building about 100 years old with 8 apts in it. I am closing the deal in 10 days and need insurance. The old landlord's insurance company charges him $1200 for every 4 months. It seems high to me. Any suggestions?

I'm not familiar with West Virginia, however I can tall you that the age of the building, location, square footage, whether the electrical etc. has ever been updated.....all those are factors in determining the price of the insurance coverage. There are not many carriers who want to write old buildings, and if it's not fully updated (i.e. new electrical, plumbing, heating, roof), they REALLY don't want it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">