• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Invoicing??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Get er done

What is the name of your state?MS.

I live in an area damaged heavily by Hurricane Katrina. The adjuster for the insured stated 7% of total damage claim is what the insurer will pay for debris cleanup. The damaged property is an apartment complex so the total damage claim will be in the mid 6 figure range.

I am not in the debris cleanup business but was fortunate enough to obtain this contract, which I then sub-contracted out. How can I invoice the insurance company without knowing the total amount of the claim. Neither the insurer or the insured will dilvuge that info to me.

I may be on the wrong thread for this question but appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Danny K.

seniorjudge

Q: How can I invoice the insurance company without knowing the total amount of the claim

A: Invoice them what it costs you to clean it up, plus, of course, your profit margin.

ALawyer

You seem to be asking what the maximum the insurance company will pay is, regardless of what a fair price is. In other words: "how can I cheat the insurance company?" Sorry, I am against insurance companies cheating customers and against people cheating insurance companies. I won't help you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">