• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

License Suspension CDL failure to show proof of insurance on vehicle i do not own ??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jkk4567

What is the name of your state?Ohio.
I was a truck driver (CDL-A) for a large company when I was involved in an accident.
I answered all the police's questions, showed the company's proof of insurance for the company owned truck, showed my driver's license, and signed for my ticket. I paid my ticket then later recieved a notice stating that my license would be suspended if i did not provided proof of insurance for the company's truck or pay a fine??? After calling the phone # 10 times a day for weeks I finally got through(always busy) and i was told that its already in the system and there is nothing I can do but show the proof of insurance. I tried contacting my former employer, but they refuse to send proof of insurance to me. I called the Ohio BMV back and asked why I was being penalized and what if any penalty there was for the company, they said none. What can I do and why am I responsible for a vehicle that I do not own nor pay the insurance for??? What can I do??? please include if you are a judge,lawyer, or police officer with your reply, and thank you in advance for your help

xylene

What is the name of your state?Ohio.
I was a truck driver (CDL-A) for a large company when I was involved in an accident.
I answered all the police's questions, showed the company's proof of insurance for the company owned truck, showed my driver's license, and signed for my ticket. I paid my ticket then later recieved a notice stating that my license would be suspended if i did not provided proof of insurance for the company's truck or pay a fine??? After calling the phone # 10 times a day for weeks I finally got through(always busy) and i was told that its already in the system and there is nothing I can do but show the proof of insurance. I tried contacting my former employer, but they refuse to send proof of insurance to me. I called the Ohio BMV back and asked why I was being penalized and what if any penalty there was for the company, they said none. What can I do and why am I responsible for a vehicle that I do not own nor pay the insurance for??? What can I do??? please include if you are a judge,lawyer, or police officer with your reply, and thank you in advance for your help
What were you given a ticket(s) for? Please give the statue numbers for all the alleged violations.

Also - Your CDL is your livelyhood. A lawyer might be able to resolve this with less stress and aggrevation than you can yourself.

Lastly - Don't rely on what you are told by BMV employees on the phone. Deal face to face and if they claim anything about the status of your case - Get it in writing.

Ozark_Sophist

xylene, I would like to respectively point out even if the OP license was suspended, it most likely has been reinstated because this post is two years old.

Seems like someone is responding to old posts like these and then deleting or having their post deleted by a moderator because this is not the only one today.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">