• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mileage Reimbursement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

?inCO

What is the name of your state? CO

I am in sales and drive my personal vehicle for traveling to business appointments, airport etc... My employer is now requiring that I insure my personal vehicle for business use and name the employer as having "additional interest" for me to continue receiving reimbursement of the IRS rate for miles driven involving company business. If I do not do this they will only reimburse 50% of the IRS mileage rate. My questions are. First is this legal? What rights to my vehicle do I give my employer as naming them "additional interest"? Who is liable to pay for the additional insurance premium and loss of preferred status? What recourse do I have if I refuse?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">