• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NY fire insurance Bad Faith?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mercury

What is the name of your state? NY. I lease a building where I run my Bar. The landlords son is the caretaker and also my Insurance Agent for the building. We recently had a fire. According to my Insurance policy, the building was required to have a fire alarm/monitoring system operating. The system never worked and I have been on the landlords back for months. i have spoken repeatedly to His son (Ins. Agent) to try to get this system in place before the fire marshall shut me down.
Most of my property, and I think my business is destroyed at this point. What can I do to recoup? I put everything I own into this business.
Thank you

moburkes

What is the name of your state? NY. I lease a building where I run my Bar. The landlords son is the caretaker and also my Insurance Agent for the building. We recently had a fire. According to my Insurance policy, the building was required to have a fire alarm/monitoring system operating. The system never worked and I have been on the landlords back for months. i have spoken repeatedly to His son (Ins. Agent) to try to get this system in place before the fire marshall shut me down.
Most of my property, and I think my business is destroyed at this point. What can I do to recoup? I put everything I own into this business.
Thank you
You file a claim with your insurance company.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">