• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Perm

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Chemical Burn

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

I recently got a perm at my salon. They poured the chemical onto my scalp and burned the side of face with the chemicals. Specifically, after applying the chemicals, the stylist walked away and when she came back, I told her my face was burning. She wiped the chemical burn off with water. A few hours later after the perm, I called the salon as the side of my face was swelling and they told me to run water over the burn. I did this and am upset as had the stylist done this much earlier, I may not have had such a severe reaction. It's been almost a week and it looks like my skin is going to scar - do I have a case against the salon for negligence and not taking the necessary steps?

Ctryder

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

I recently got a perm at my salon. They poured the chemical onto my scalp and burned the side of face with the chemicals. Specifically, after applying the chemicals, the stylist walked away and when she came back, I told her my face was burning. She wiped the chemical burn off with water. A few hours later after the perm, I called the salon as the side of my face was swelling and they told me to run water over the burn. I did this and am upset as had the stylist done this much earlier, I may not have had such a severe reaction. It's been almost a week and it looks like my skin is going to scar - do I have a case against the salon for negligence and not taking the necessary steps?
Anyone can sue, but the question is, If you knew it was burning at the time, why didn't you complain at that time? Why didn't you run water over it at the time you felt it? Instead you stated, " when she came back, I told her my face was burning.
Seems like you would be at fault for not reacting at the time when it first started to burn.
If you got that serious of a burn, "face is going to scar" , did you go to the doctor when you left the salon AT THAT MOMENT?

The salon did take necessary steps...1) you stated, "when she came back", and you told her, she put water on the face". Water counteracts the chemicals. She did right. You were wrong for just sitting there and let it burn.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">