• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Protecting personal property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jbmb63

What is the name of your state? Kansas
After a fire at my restaurant I recieved a copy of instructions on steps to take. Rule #4 was to protect building and property from further damage. Since this was a restaurant I knew I needed to dry and oil the equipment and mop and so-on to keep rust and mold at bay. The adjuster denied me access to the building until I contacted the Kansas insurance dept. and was finally allowed in after seven months. The equipment is completely rusted and corroded and mold has ravaged the place. The adjuster admited that it was a missunderstanding between he and his manager. Since the fire was suspicious they denied my claim but offered to pay off my $30,000 loan and give me the building "as is".
I would like to know what my rights are. I have a tape recording of my conversation with the adjuster.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">