• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sentimental property damage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

seolio

I lease some self-storage at Access self storage. Yesterday they had a malfunction in their fire sprinkler system. This caused everything within my storage unit to be soaked in water, including all of my brothers coursework. I have insurance, however they will only cover stuff like electrical items etc... Obviously 4 years of university work is of great value to my brother and he is very distressed about this happening. Is there any way we can claim compensation for the coursework as sentimental goods?

Thanks in advance

xylene

Insurance covers economic value.

If you want to insure 'sentimental value' or some other difficult to calculate value you must get a policy which covers something to a declared value.

Of course this costs substantially more, if you are even able to find an insurer to underwrite it.

Sorry but brothers obsolete notes are of trivial economic value and simply a loss.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">