• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stolen property from storage facility

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

coolhuh

What is the name of your state? Arizona
I park my toyhauler travel trailer in a pay storage facility that is suppose to be secure. My trailer which was secured with locks was broken into and $15,300 worth of personal property (ATV's) was stolen. My insurance said they only cover up to $200 for personal property because storage facilities have insurance that cover incidents like this. The owner of the facility said he does not have insurance for this type of incident.
Is there anything I can do?
Thanks

karentima

We had the exact thing happen to us. What happened in your case? The storage facility in our case says they're not responsible but I'm wondering about the other storage renters who let the thieves out?

Thanks for the info.

Karen

Dandy Don

Does this storage facility have video surveillance? What assurances do you have from the owner that this won't happen again? Does the owner or his staff member live on the premises and is access available 24 hours?

Take the owner to small claims court.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">