• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sue insurance broker

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dakind859

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA
State - CA. I contracted a construction company to perform work. The construction company had their insurance broker issue a certificate of insurance (Acord) for general liability and worker\'s compensation insurance. They even sent me another certificate when the old policy expired. However, I recently was made aware that the insurance broker colluded with the construction company to issue fake policy certificates which were never active. I relied upon these certificates to enter into a contract with the construction company. Can I sue the construction company's insurance broker for fraud?

dakind859

Have you been damaged by this act?

Work is incomplete. Contractor's license was suspended due to failure to maintain insurance and submission of fraudulent insurance documents with the intent to deceive a governmental agency.

I am harmed because I already paid the contractor, work is incomplete, and I would not have signed a contract should I have known the construction company's insurance broker issued fake insurance documents.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">