• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

suing the city

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

scootertramp

What is the name of your state? california
I had leased a home which had a dog groomers business attached , both shared same address but seperate utilitiy meters and entrances, like a duplex, a&b units. We had seperate water heaters also. The city took over the properities through emmient domain and were now the legal owners. We were to be helped relocating, which they paid our moving expenses, BUT, befor we moved the dog groomere told the relocators hired by the city of the problem with the water heater, and not wanting to put money into a property that was condemned by the court to be torn down to make a new street,they told them to just make due till they moved . well, it had busted a pipe and flooded my entire basement in 5-6 ft. of water and mudd which was where Everything I owned was being stored and boxed for the move . I have pictures of everything. I made a list of damages and the relocators gave it to their attorney who offered me $2500. The damages were at least $16,000 not counting irreplacable items and collectors items. life jornals since 1980, ruined. I declined , He said see you in court then. 2 weeks later , I had not contacted him at all I got a letter offering me $4000. Without reply I filed a claim with the city , which was declined,by the city council in behalf of the city attorney. So I have 2 attorneys to fight , which one ?RElocators attorney, hired by city, or the city attornet? one offers $4000 the other declined claim?? confused

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">