• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Towing co damages boat, now dealing with their ins co, so?!???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecmst12

No, you don't have to pay your deductible if you damage someone else in an accident and they make a liability claim on your policy.

sdhawkman

No, you don't have to pay your deductible if you damage someone else in an accident and they make a liability claim on your policy.
So. . .am I missing something here?!? Is the accident scenario I described automatically designated a "liability claim"??? When I think "liability", I associate it with personal injury, not damage to the vehicle, so??!?:confused:

ecmst12

Liability can be property damage or injury, anytime you cause damage to someone else you are LIABLE for it, so the claim is under liability coverage and there is no deductible. The deductible only applies to claims for your own property on your own policy - comprehensive or collision claims.

The owner of the company is either mistaken about his coverage or he's playing games with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">