• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wind Deductible Applied to the Total Insured Value

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

britt

What is the name of your state? Florida
I have a primary insurance policy for wind with a coverage limit of $2.5 million and an excess policy of $6 million.
The insurance claim is approximately $1 million. There is a 5% Total insured value (TIV) deductible for wind damage.
The primary insurance company is saying the TIV deductible should be applied to the combined limits of insurance which would be 5% of 8.5 million even though the excess policy is not being used.
I believe the 5% deductible should only be applied to the 2.5 million. I have not been able to get a written response from the insurance company on their position.
As an added note the primary and excess carriers are two different insurance companies.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">