• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Defamation, Libel

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

theratdude64

What is the name of your state? Utah

I am a member of a local car club that has online Forums as well. I was having some issues with one of my friends that is also a member of that page, and another member that has nothing to do with any of it took it upon himself to start a fight with me about the whole issue. He only knew about 5 percent of the story, the Very end. So he starts a big huge fight, but then he made public posts about it in the Car Forums that all my local friends read and he clearly lied in them and made up things. He is trying to get all my friends to turn against me. I was very mad about this whole thing, and then someone informed me of a diffrent board that he posted our ENTIRE conversation that took place in MSN. It also includes converstations that were between me and someone else that he somehow got ahold of, but has nothing to do with this arguement, he just threw them in there to get people to hate me. The name of the thread is "Post subject: ok brent "theratdude" is a f***ing diptwad!!!!" *the real post is not edited* He has threatened to beat me up ect. Do I have a good case against him? I have everything in writing except for the post he made in the first place because a moderator deleted it quickly. I do have a witness that read the entire thread before its deletion though

Last edited:

BelizeBreeze

You have no legal claim for damages and any claim you have to be reinstated to the forum is an internal matter between you and the forum administrator.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">