• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Digital property ownership

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tomo6

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Hi,

I have a question. My house has a camera at the front window to record what is going on in the street. The video data is my property for sure. In case I grant permission to a governmental agency e.g. police to use the video clip for an investigation and the agency detects a suspicious object e.g. a vehicle and its license plate in the video. Then can I claim any data (vehicle, its shape, color, license plate...) analyzed and generated by technologies used by the agency also my properties?

Thanks!

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Hi,

I have a question. My house has a camera at the front window to record what is going on in the street. The video data is my property for sure. In case I grant permission to a governmental agency e.g. police to use the video clip for an investigation and the agency detects a suspicious object e.g. a vehicle and its license plate in the video. Then can I claim any data (vehicle, its shape, color, license plate...) analyzed and generated by technologies used by the agency also my properties?

Thanks!
What would be your purpose?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">