• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Facebook Harassment?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Juniper79

Someone with whom I am not friends on facebook has messaged me through the site, basically telling me off over comments I posted publicly involving a mutual friend. They concluded in saying if I wrote them back, they'd consider it harassment. So my question is, given they took the initiative in contacting me, if I reply to them, responding to what they said and informing them that I am the one who doesn't wish to be contacted further, would I really be doing something legally considered harassment?

quincy

No, it would not be harassment.

But you should probably not respond anyway, because to respond would be a stupid thing to do and I am sure you are not stupid.

As a note, you should watch very carefully what you write about others online. Anything you write that is defamatory can result in a lawsuit being filed against you, and employers and schools look at what is posted online to determine if an individual should be hired/accepted. It is better to keep all nasty comments to yourself.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">