• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Facebook Harassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

avega

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

About 6 or 7 months ago, I got a random friend request on my Facebook and she was a mutual friend of my sister's boyfriend, so I accepted. I then found out this was the boyfriend's sister and that she was trying to break them up through me. I humored her for a little while but I got fed up with it. I have gotten several random messages since then from obviously fake Facebook profiles. I go on to find out the she and her friends have been harassing my sister and her boyfriend for years now, and finally tracked me down. I asked them to leave me alone and that I would have no part of it, but it's still continuing. I don't know how to proceed at this point, but it is really starting to wear on me.

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

About 6 or 7 months ago, I got a random friend request on my Facebook and she was a mutual friend of my sister's boyfriend, so I accepted. I then found out this was the boyfriend's sister and that she was trying to break them up through me. I humored her for a little while but I got fed up with it. I have gotten several random messages since then from obviously fake Facebook profiles. I go on to find out the she and her friends have been harassing my sister and her boyfriend for years now, and finally tracked me down. I asked them to leave me alone and that I would have no part of it, but it's still continuing. I don't know how to proceed at this point, but it is really starting to wear on me.

Make your profile private, block the person and change your settings so that random strangers cannot send friend requests or messages.

You can also report the harassment to Facebook.

EHFAR

exactly. You can change your settings so that only people on your friends list can send you messages. Block the profiles that have been sending you messagses so they can't keep writing you back and change your settings so only people on your friends list can message you. Problem solved.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">