• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Greyhound Handicapping Aid Software

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Loopy1000

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachusetts

I've written a Greyhound Racing Program , that will generate various statistics for the dogs competing in the race. This is an Excel program written in VB6, and it gets its data from a subscription based program called Quickdog. I have the Quickdog's owners full agreement that I can produce and sell this program, in fact he helps me market my program. The program contains a greyhound pencil handicapping method called the WOFS SPEED method, which people have paid in the past, thousands of dollars to obtain this method with the hope of becoming rich playing the greyhounds. I obtained this pencil capping method from a dissatisfied buyer of this WOFS method who claims it's junk, and that he was swindled. Supposedly this buyer signed a release that he would not reveal the handicapping method. Also the developer of the WOFS method claims it is copyrighted. I had heard that one cannot copyright an idea or method. I am wondering if I can get into trouble selling my program, if it contains the WOFS Method.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

The Occultist

An idea cannot be subject to copyright protection. A method, if registered properly, may retain patent protection.

Considering the potential amount of money at stake here, you need to sit down with a knowledgeable IP attorney so that he can analyze all relevant facts/details and advise you accordingly.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">